Thursday, April 20, 2017

SUCH SOCIAL CREATURES

Being possessed of the evil eye as far as her cooking is concerned, most especially when she is preparing large buckets of exquisite kibble for her boyfriend, I stay out of the kitchen when she is engaged in culinary efforts.
So I do not know what she prepared for his enjoyment later this week.
It involves potatoes, and probably butter and cream.
Plus, one imagines, a meat dish.
All of which is now in plastic baggies in the freezer.


Sometimes I resent his even having to eat at all.


I don't mind her in the kitchen when I'm cooking, because I don't need the entire room plus all the elbow space between the counter and the stove.
I am a more planned and deliberate cook, and not easily sidetracked.

I could sneer about female inefficiency and act snootily superior, but actually the difference is methodological rather than gender based. And she stays out when I am preparing my food, probably because I'm loopy then.


From eight till past eleven last night I napped while she commanded the cooking facilities. When I awoke rain was falling, which ceased at around quarter to twelve. She was bathing at that time, and if I wanted to use the kitchen, there was an opportunity.
Having eaten too much at the Vietnamese restaurant -- one meal, for one man, but my stomach is smaller than it used to be -- all I required was a beverage with a little caffeine.


I always cook, eat, bathe, and sleep by myself. Tea and coffee likewise.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like with another person.
One who enjoyed the sound of rain.

It's obviously an abstract issue, because of the women in my ambit none that appeal have jumped out as being single.
Nor have I asked.

I keep waiting for an imaginary friend.




Because of a schedule switch this week, I am off today. The plan is to putz around the empty apartment for a while, then head to Chinatown for lunch, followed by a pipe. If it remains dry I shall eventually end up at Sue Bierman Park to admire the parrots.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I was reading the Holy Bible, and I found the book about Adam and Eve (Adam Ve Chava), right near the beginning, but I couldn't find the book abotu Adam and Steve (Adam Ve Stava). WHY NOT???!?!?!?!?!?!?

The back of the hill said...

Because, Stacy, there is no such thing. The name Steve is post-Genesis.

And Genesis isn't about Adam and Eve either, but loosely details what happened to their fictional descendents up until Egypt. It's a tribal genealogy and justification of that tribe's place in the universe.

Maybe you were reading Genesis with the wrong focus in mind.

BIBLE BELT said...

SEE? IT'S ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Steve

The back of the hill said...

Which is relevant how?

Gays fer Jazes said...

The law offices of Adam and Steve want their name back.

Nate said...

This is getting odd.

Mind you, I kind of like it, but I have a history of watching things descend into chaos. This explains why I was not a very good bouncer.

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...